Have you noticed your parent or senior loved one needs more care than they’re currently receiving? Are you attempting to care for a loved one from out of town and feel hopeless? Figuring out what to do next can be confusing. What are their true health and day-to-day needs? Who can help provide care? Where do you even start?
A Florida’s Choice Certified Geriatric Care Manager can help you navigate through the care transition options and help your family negotiate senior care plans in hospitals, rehabilitation care centers, and with primary care physicians.
What does a Crisis Geriatric Care Manager do? How can they help me?
- Discuss difficult healthcare topics and complex issues with clinicians and families in case conference
- Assist as a mobile case manager in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, and home visits working directly with Case Managers and Social Workers to discuss/suggest options in needed care services.
- Address emotional concerns and offer guidance to promote solutions
- Assist families and patients in understanding their options in making educated choices short- and long-term plans
- Evaluate in-home care needs to keep loved ones at home safely as long as possible.
- Assist patients and families in selecting care personnel
- Assist in the coordination of medical services
- Evaluate other living arrangements
- Provide caregivers stress relief
If you or a loved one need to go to a nursing home after a hospital stay, Florida’s Choice Health Care can be your personal advocate. We work directly with the hospital staff or physician as a healthcare surrogate and can help you find a facility that will provide the kind of care that’s best for you. This is especially helpful when attempting to care for a loved one and navigating rehabilitation facility providers from out of state. Through this service, we provide patient advocacy for our clients who need their voices to be heard. You can count on us to handle your cases efficiently and effectively. You are Not Alone!